Sport and culture
What sport and cultural (recreational) benefit is all about?
Sport benefit is alongside the lunch benefit the most popular personnel benefit in Finland and no wonder: by exercising frequently you have more energy in everyday life and your readiness to handle stress increases. By offering a sport and cultural benefit your employer wants to encourage you to exercise and enjoy culture in your free time.
An employer can give employees a sports and cultural benefit for up to €400 per year. An employee doesn’t have to pay tax on this.
You can use this benefit for sport and cultural activities in over 6.000 places in Finland. With recreational benefit you can pay for example a gym or a yoga center membership, swimming, tennis court rent, bowling or a ski pass. You can also rent equipment for personal use.
In addition to sport, you can also pay tickets to cinemas, theaters, museums or gigs and other events. When purchasing event ticket you can book it online and pay either at R-kiosk or ticket retailer’s (tiketti.fi, Lippu.fi, Ticketmaster) own ticket outlet.
Using Edenred card is easy
- You can utilize your benefit right after it’s activated and your employer has transferred balance to the card – check your balance at MyEdenred.
- No PIN code required – payment is verified by signing a receipt that is printed from payment terminal. Contactless payment feature is included
- If you have any questions of your benefit, please contact the person in your company who is responsible for personnel matters
- Suggest places where you would like to use your benefit, if they don’t accept our card yet
Find sport and cultural places
Our cards, vouchers and mobile payments are accepted over 6.000 recreational places in Finland.
credit_card Edenred card and mobile payment
- Your employer (or you if your employer has enabled this feature) loads balance to your card online. Usually loads for recreational benefit are made once or twice a year.
- An exact amount of the service is debited from your card – no money wasted!
- Choose according to the situation, whether you want to pay with card or with mobile phone
- kortin voi lisätä myös Apple Payhin tai Google Payhin
error If you lose your card, you can block it and your remaining value will be safe on your account. You can block your card by contacting your employer or by contacting our customer service during business days from 9.00 am until 4.00 pm, phone number 09-7594 2848
note Virikeseteli® voucher
- Your employer gives you Virikeseteli® vouchers of €5 or €10 that you can use to pay for sports and cultural services in over 6.000 places in Finland.
- Please note that no change is given back from the vouchers.