Marketing information notice
For anyone receiving targeted communications from Edenred Finland Oy
Edenred Finland Oy processes personal data to reach our Users, Clients, Merchants, Leads, and the general public. To reach out and to measure the efficiency of our communications, some of your personal data need to be processed when you interact with Edenred or with the platforms mentioned below.
For example, we use targeted e-mails towards Users, Clients, Merchants, Leads, and other audiences (Marketing Audiences) for the purposes of the promotion of Edenred Finland’s products and services. We also show ads as native articles and target selected audiences to make sure our ads are relevant to you.
Identity of the data controller
Edenred Finland Oy, whose head office is located on Elimäenkatu 15, 00510 Helsinki, Finland, is the data controller of your personal data processed for the purpose(s) defined hereafter.
With some of our partners, a joint controllership may exist for the operations performed by the partner when Edenred Finland Oy determines which personal data categories to use but the partner determines how to identify the individuals based on those categories. They may also process the same personal data for their own purposes. For this reason, the privacy policies of the mentioned partners (listed under Recipients below) also apply to the processing of personal data performed on those platforms.
Purposes of the processing
Your personal data is processed by Edenred Finland Oy within the following framework:
- The promotion of Edenred Finland’s products and services towards Users – in the MyEdenred app and targeted emails
- The promotion of Edenred Finland’s products and services – towards Clients, Merchants, Leads, and others.
- To implement marketing tools and partnerships in order to rationalize an efficient interaction process with the various corporate leads, merchants, corporate clients, and users/beneficiaries and increase operational efficiency for Edenred staff.
- To evaluate the results of the promotions performed
- To manage the preferences (opt-out) to be contacted for marketing purposes
Categories of personal data concerned
Edenred Finland Oy as data controller, informs you that, for the purposes listed above, it collects and processes your personal data while performing multichannel advertising, varying per channel of communication:
- Account data, e.g. account name, extranet username, etc.
- Activity data, e.g. extranet last connection date, extranet registration date, MyOrder activation date, portal last connection, etc.
- Civil status, e.g. contact name, first name, last name, etc.
- Contact information, e.g. email address, postal address, phone number, etc.
- Contract details, e.g. contract number, etc.
- Digital demographic information e.g. Browser type and version, identification data & other generic personal information, age, personal preferences or interests based on your social media account, geolocation data, etc.
- Financial information for Edenred solutions such as MyEdenred e.g. available balance, card activation status, solution type, etc.
- Interaction with Edenred, e.g. status of the case, case, task and event subject, etc.
- Internet browsing data e.g. UTM Tag (Information related to web navigation and clickable object hyperlink, banner, etc.)
- Organizational information, e.g. contact owner, job title, client legal name, company, etc.
- Personal life information, e.g. birthdate, age, employment information (optional category of personal data), etc.
- Preferences information, e.g. preferred language, opt-out/opt-in preferences, etc.
- Product information, e.g. type of solution, etc.
- Professional life information, e.g. customer name, department, etc.
- Social media information e.g. data collected and provided/used by the mentioned social media platforms such as Facebook, LinkedIn, and Spotify, and “pixel” data allowing retargeting, telling us that you have interacted with our post/ad
- Technical ID, e.g. Account ID, record ID in Salesforce CRM tool, etc.
Legal basis of the processing
The following personal data processing activities are legally grounded on the Edenred legitimate interest for the purposes listed above:
It is in Edenred’s legitimate interest to promote Edenred products and services and to implement marketing tools and partnerships in order to rationalize an efficient interaction process with the various corporate leads, merchants, corporate clients, and users/beneficiaries and increase operational efficiency for Edenred staff.
Recipients of the personal data
Your personal data will be accessible to the authorized employees of Edenred Finland Oy including:
- Marketing team members
- Support teams of the different platforms and processors
- Human resources
- Sales representatives: Edenred’s employee in relation with the Lead’s focal point, Client’s focal point, and Merchant’s focal point
- Customer service workers: employees and subcontractors providing customer service.
- Local admin: Edenred technical and business local administrators
- Business manager: Edenred Finland Oy:s legal representative
Each of them has dedicated access rights according to the scope of their need to know.
Your personal data will not be disclosed to third parties except, as necessary, to the following categories of recipients, expressly authorized by Edenred Finland Oy for the performance of the service provided:
- Edenred’s service providers
- Partners including social media platforms such as:
- Meta’s platforms such as Facebook, Instagram
You may always request specific information regarding which recipients have received your personal data.
Transfer of the personal data
Edenred Finland Oy ensures that your personal data collected within the mentioned platforms will not be transferred outside the European Union in the absence of an adequacy decision by the European Commission (article 45 of the GDPR) or the establishment of appropriate and adequate safeguards ensuring the security and protection of your personal data, including standard contractual clauses (article 46 of the GDPR).
For more information regarding how our platforms protect your data if they transfer it outside of the EU, we refer you to the privacy policies of the social media platforms mentioned above.
Retention of the personal data
Your personal data is retained for the duration of your relationship with us, depending on your status as a User, Client, Merchant, or Lead contact person: please see the respective privacy notice.
Your personal data is also retained by our data recipients for a duration of 90 days to 26 months depending on the data recipient, for example:
- LinkedIn: 90 days
- Facebook and Instagram: 180 days
- Google Ads: 26 months
Exercise of rights for the data subject
In accordance with the applicable regulation, you are entitled to access, rectify, and erase your data. Under certain circumstances and the conditions set forth in the applicable law, you also have a right to object to and obtain restriction of the data processing activity.
You can exercise your rights, by filling in the relevant form accessible here or by writing to Edenred Finland Oy – Elimäenkatu 15, 00510 Helsinki, Finland.
We also remind you that you can lodge a complaint about the processing of your personal data with your local personal data protection authority, such as Tietosuoja.