Accepting mobile payments
3 different mobile payment solutions
This is how to accept Edenred’s mobile payments
- Edenred’s mobile payment solution doesn’t require any separate devices such as payment terminals or integration to the cash system, you just need to register to Merchant portal to be able to accept mobile payments.
- Customer shows the amount s/he will pay from mobile phone and marks the payment as used at the cash register.
- You can check mobile payment transactions from Merchant portal either in real-time or at the end of the day.
- If needed, the payment can also be cancelled in the portal.
Merchant, please check the following when accepting a mobile payment:
- Check that the paid amount and the name of the restaurant or recreational place are correct.
- Check that the the information of your restaurant or recreational place is correct.
- Ask customer to mark receipt as used.
Receipt for Edenred mobile payment includes the following information:
- The receipt number.
- Customer name and company.
- Name and address of the restaurant or recreational place.
- Date and price.
- Counter for time. After 15 minutes the state of the receipt automatically changes to used.
- Customer marks the receipt as used.
More material and instructions for accepting mobile payments can be found from Support page.
Google Pay™ – contactless payment with mobile devices
Google Pay is a digital wallet platform and online payment system on mobile devices, enabling users to make payments with Android phones, tablets or watches. Edenred card may be added in Google Pay and the payment is processed like a contactless card payment – the card is just in a digital form in the mobile device.
How it works:
If the Edenred card is set as a primary payment card it is enough that the customer unlocks his/her phone and holds the back of his/her phone close to the terminal for a few seconds. The customer confirms the payment by signature.
Apple Pay – contactless payment with mobile devices
Apple Pay is a fast and secure way of paying with mobile devices, like iPhone and Apple Watch. The customer can add the Edenred card in the Apple Pay wallet and the payment is like any contactless card payment – the card is just in a digital form in the mobile device.
How it works:
Paying is easy with Apple Pay in iPhone: the customer double-clicks the side button, then authenticates with Face ID, or enters the passcode, then holds the top of the iPhone within a few centimeters of the contactless reader until you see Done and a checkmark on the display. The customer confirms the payment by signature.