Buy train tickets with Edenred Transport benefit from VR's application
Reading time 3 min.
Kategoriat: Tips for using benefits
With Edenred's Transport benefit, you can now also buy your train ticket from the VR-matkalla application - no matter where you are traveling by train in Finland, the tracks will take you there in an environmentally friendly and easy way.
From the VR Matkalla application, you can now use your Transport benefit to buy single, series and season tickets for your own personal use. You can pay for train tickets in the VR Matkalla application easily and quickly.
How to buy a single ticket with Edenred's Transport benefit from the VR Matkalla application
You can now pay for train tickets in the VR Matkalla application. Edenred can be selected as a payment method in the payment method section, immediately after seat selection, if a seat can be selected on the train in question.
- Download the VR Matkalla app from your app store, either from Apple Store or Google Play.
- Go to the VR Matkalla application and search for a suitable train schedule.
- Choose your trip and seat, if you can choose a seat on the train in question.
- Continue to pay and select 'Edenred' as the payment method.
- Enter the information of your physical or virtual Transport card. Please note that for the time being, the Edenred card cannot be saved as a payment method, so keep your physical or virtual Työmatka card close at hand when paying.
- Pay your train ticket with Edenred.
- You are ready for the trip and your ticket can be found in the VR Matkalla application and in your email!
Please note this when buying train tickets with the Transport benefit
- You can pay with Edenred in the VR Matkalla application for single, series and season tickets.
- You can only pay for personal trips with Edenred, which do not include connecting tickets, cancellation insurance, bicycles, pets or service fees.
- Tickets paid with Edenred are for your personal use only.
- The tickets you bought can be found in the VR Matkalla application. Single and series tickets are also delivered to your email.
- Please note that for tickets paid with Edenred, you cannot buy a connecting ticket to, for example, the HSL area.
Make use of your Transport benefit and enjoy your trip
VR Matkalla also securely stores your tickets and receipts and provides up-to-date information about the progress of your trip. You can also find the Benefits section in the application, which offers benefits only to the application's users, e.g. from the restaurant car.
"We are really excited to be able to offer our customers Edenred as a payment method, so that the commuting benefits can be put to good use. When using the VR Matkalla application, the travel experience is also the most personal and the most up-to-date information about the trip can be easily found in one's own pocket," says Annina Hokkanen, Product Owner of the VR Matkalla application.
So make use of your Tansport benefit and travel comfortably to your destination!
Check out VR's website to see what kind of ticket would suit you.